I feel that the older I get, the more I actually believe in cheesy quotes and sayings. You know, there was a time when at least I used to insert zen instagram captions to seem cool but didn’t really think trough if I truly believed in what I wrote or lived by it. As I get older, I really want to be responsible of what I write down, what I talk about and what I believe in. I want it to be raw and true. Because we live trough our every day thoughts that create our reality that we have to live in for the rest of our lives. This is also a reason why I have been quite quiet on my blog during last year, I’ve been processing a major shift and I have been learning to live in the moment more than ever. And guess what, its a new year and it’s a good time to set new intentions for the upcoming months. Manifesting things into you life is EVERYTHING. You can manifest anything you want, it could be a thought or it could even be something materialistic you dream about. I have been doing it for the past 2 years and my life has changed a lot. I’ve got to travel to my dream destinatons, I am much more positive as a person, I attract like-minded people into my life and I just overall feel better than ever with myself. There is a saying ”the best is yet to come” and that is so fucking true if you just gave a thought to your own thoughts. Why would you want to gossip and talk shit about other people while you are actually the one giving up all your energy while you could use it into something much greater.
I have listed down 5 of my own intentions for this year:
Pictures by: Elias Ryynänen
1. Write to my blog as a diary. One day as I wrote down my thoughts to my private diary, I thought that wtf, I have a blog and I could use it more wisely and share my thoughts with everyone else as well. Of course, there will always be things we all have that we can’t talk publicly about, but you get the point.
2. Take care of my body. I started eating more plant-based food at the beginning of October and it has been one of the best decisions I have made. And it was not as hard as I thought. I still do eat fish and cheese, because my body accepts that kind of food. Do something for 21 days straight, and I almost guarantee it will be a habit of yours for the rest of your life. Taking care of my body means doing things and eating food that makes me feel good. It is absolutely individual for everyone, and I don’t think that everyone should turn vegans or start working out every day, but if you don’t feel good, you have the power to make the difference. Do what makes YOU feel good. Your body is your temple, so take care of it.
3. Take care of my mind. Learn, read books, grow, evolve. Some of my friends still laugh and make fun of me when I tell them that I meditate, or if I talk about spirituality or Astrology. I strongly believe in astrology and it’s something I am going to focus on learning more about this year. Spiritual rituals also help you to let go of negative thoughts disturbing our lives. I use to laugh about this topic too (because everyone else did as well) but honestly as soon as I got into spirituality on a deeper level I think my third eye is opening, lol.
4. Learn to use my full potential. This is something I have been struggling with for such a long time. Always having doubts about myself, not reacting to this or that opportunity and regretting it later on, not trusting my intuition on something particular. Although I am always the risk taker and super spontaneous about life, I feel like that sometimes that can lead me off the road that I am taking. We all know what to do to get to a particular point. So we might as well start using our full potential. It may take time, but staying consistent and really believing in what you do helps a lot.
5. Consume less & start thinking about our planet. This is a topic I have recently talked about with many of my friends. I have almost quit shopping. Yep, still a fashion blogger but I will from now on only buy clothing from stores I know use their resources wisely. Recycling and thrift shopping will be a huge trend this year.
So why should we all set intentions? Because I believe in a greater cause of humanity. We are way more greater than the system we live in. We are capable of everything we fucking want up to living our dream life and having our dream house in Marbella, but the little decisions we choose to do actually determine our path. I remember when a few years ago I dreamed of what I have now. And I can imagine the things I dream about now, having and reaching those things in my life in the next 2 years.